Saturday, May 24, 2014

Disney Movie Reflection: Brother Bear

I needed to have a definite moment before I left for Canada where I just laid down and rested so I structured my entire Saturday morning to be just that. There were chores to be done in preparation but those all halted so I could just stop and do nothing. To signal to my body I was on vacation. I didn't do this with Florida and I regretted it.

Saturday morning was coffee and Brother Bear which is the perfect movie to kick off a Canadian adventure with. I had never seen this one though I bought it a few years ago. It never seemed like the perfect moment and Saturday was just the morning.

The movie is a solid B. It is funny and pretty but the story is a little confusing and I really don't like the little bear's voice. I do like Disney and bears and the Pacific Northwest so there's was stacked. The story is kind of complicated with a lot of layers of revenge and hurt but I liked that. I also like that it doesn't have a happy ending but requires the main character to make some serious sacrifice to make what he did right again.

The sidekicks in the movie are two.moose who are also brothers and idiots who also say "Eh" a lot so that will be stuck in my head all Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment