Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day One in Canada: Finding A Foreign Land

I checked off another item on my 29 by 29. I used my passport to enter Canada. This is my first time on foreign soil and the first place we went was a mall food court to use wifi.

I got up at 5 and we left Portland by 6. We drove 4 hours to Port Angeles and had an awesome brunch followed by a 90 minute ferry ride. Standing on the boat I was excited to be out of my element exploring somewhere new. We drove around for just a bit and saw the grand European buildings and I can't wait to explore tomorrow. Tonight, we had dinner and just watched a lot of My 600 Lbs Life because my mom were worn out after two days of traveling.

Reasons I Know I Am Not I Am In the States:
1. My mom telling the cashier she gave her incorrect change because my mom didn't realize they use dollar and two dollar coins here.
2. Buying Coffee Crisp which Brad brought me last year and I loved.
3. In Canada, you can buy scones in bags and they aren't all that sweet which makes them even better. They come in bags like English muffins.
4. I spent 10 minutes in the chip aisle reading the different kinds of chips. Dill Pickle Dorritos are disgusting sounding. I will investigate.
5. When you tell a Canadian you are from San Diego, they treat you like a tourist. When you tell them you live in Portland, you are a Northwest hindered spirit on a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment