Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day Three in Canada: Unexpectedly Eating Rabbit

Today's entry is chronological list of what I did that is of interest:

1. We drove Vancouver with the intention to find something we missed before riding ferry to Vancouver. We found nothing but I did get an awesome latte at Bows & Arrows Coffee Roasters.
2. Because we maxed out Victoria, we rode the nicest ferry in the world over at 11. I spent most of the time trying to get the wifi to work so I could get some really exciting news about work. Wifi that doesn't work properly sends me into a spiral.
3. I got really hangry after disembarking from the ferry but we started on a journey to find an Asian mall so my mom could look at $2 knickknacks. It culminated with me standing in the food court of the wrong Asian mall in the Vancouver suburbs surrounded by school girls and a million different versions of Panda Express extrapolated over various Asian cuisines (Thai, Korean BBQ, Japanese, Vietnamese).
4. We made it to the Vancouver hotel. This city is huge and different has a lot of condos.
5. We drove to the University of British Columbia where the Museum of Anthropology was supposed to be free. It wasn't so we didn't go but instead visited the totem polls outside which was enough anyways. Then, we walked 405 to a clothing optional beach with our clothes on. Everyone else was clothed on the beach too. It was beautiful and then we walked back up the 405 stairs to the car.
6. We had tapas for dinner which was new for mom and dad. My mom got really excited because they had rabbit in the menu and she wanted me to cross off another item. I decide to go for it since buying a rabbit is so.expensive and no one else was particularly excited to go in on eating a rabbit. Rabbit tastes like lean but juicy chicken. I did have to suck the meat off the tiny rib cage which was kind of gross but the point of eating a rabbit was thinking about what I was eating. It is done and I don't know that I will ever seek rabbit out again. It was good but not worth $40.
7. Which brings me to now. My parents are asleep and the sun just set. I am writing to you listening to Kylie and drinking pink cream soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment